- 1 day ago
Ooooh, I LOVE this question!
Lots of people keep journals with systematic diary entries, but I understand that it doesn’t work for everyone.
Here are some cool/interesting/fun/motivational/productive things you can do that don’t necessarily include keeping a diary:
- Turn a Moleskine (or other notebook) into a planner/organizer/PDA/productivity system
- 52 lists
- 30 Days of Lists
- Answer "50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind"
- Start a gratitude journal
- Create a "life handbook"
- Keep morning pages
- Start a scrapbook
- Use journal prompts to answer questions when you feel like it
- Participate in the 7-week Life Cleanse
- Keep these 9 lists updated — REALLY useful things to keep track of!
- Take notes as you learn something new
- Use a notebook to keep track of goal-setting and productivity: 60 Ways to Improve Your Life in 100 Days
- Keep a recipe book
- Keep a reading journal/movie journal/music journal/fashion journal
- Start a quote book
- Make a travel journal — use it to plan your trip/vacation, then glue in transportation ticket stubs, itineraries, maps, photographs, dinner receipts at fancy restaurants, and write about your adventures
- Doodle in it
- Write poetry
- Cut out and glue pretty pictures
- Create a bucket list journal and record each item as you complete it
Does that give you enough ideas to start with? :)
(Made rebloggable by request.)
- 1 day ago
50-year anniversary of the 9/15/1963 murder of four African-American girls in the 16th Street Baptist Church bombing in Birmingham, Alabama.
Their names are Cynthia Wesley, Carole Robinson, Addie Mae Collins and Denise McNair.
Never forget that they killed young black women as well.
(via peopleofthediaspora)Source: nuneyskid
- 2 days ago
- 3 days ago
- 4 days ago
Today(May 28th) Dr. Maya Angelou died at 86, and the world now has lost a great poet, author, and civil rights activist. But at least we have her works, and her memory, left behind.written works
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings(1969) ✖ Gather Together in My Name(1974) ✖ Singin’ and Swingin’ and Gettin’ Merry Like Christmas(1976) ✖ The Heart of a Woman(1981) ✖
All God’s Children Need Traveling Shoes(1986)✖ A Song Flung Up to Heaven(2002) ✖ Mom & Me & Mom(2013)interviews
10 Questions for Maya Angelou(Time) ✖ Heaven and Earth Show ✖ Working as A Street Conductor(NBC, 2014) ✖ The Best Advice Dr. Maya Angelou Has Ever Given—and Received(Oprah) ✖ Merv Griffin Show(1982) ✖ On Courage ✖ An Evening with Dr. Maya Angelou
(via thechanelmuse)Source: audreyheckburn
- 5 days ago